College Policy Debate Forums
December 13, 2018, 12:04:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Judge Philosophies  (Read 4765 times)
kelly young

« on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »

Perhaps it would be possible for the some of Liberty and GMU judges to post judging philosophies. It's a little late in the season for these to not be posted. Makes prefs rather pointless.

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
Neil Butt

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »

1. I agree judge philosophies should be up (whether for mpj or adapting)
2. It's not just Liberty and GMU, we (Vanderbilt) were guilty of that too for one of our folks, and I apologize. I have now posted a brief blurb that Patrick will update when he gets a chance
3. I urge a little patience because, while it is a good distance into the season, some of us are still rustling up new judges or are bringing in judges for one-time-only help at our tournaments
4. It might also help to backchannel specific schools, since some of them might not be reading this, and might need a reminder, or an indication that their hired judge doesn't have a philosophy up (that was my plan last night, but I ran out of time...)
kelly young

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:57 AM »

Judges that have 8-14 rounds on the topic should have philosophies post already. There's no excuse for that. I'm not talking about last second judges added to program's regular roster of judges.

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: