College Policy Debate Forums
December 12, 2018, 06:12:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BAUDL Considers hosting Open Eligibility Tourn at NDT/CEDA  (Read 2412 times)
Blake Johnson

« on: November 09, 2009, 05:04:01 AM »

The Bay Area Urban Debate League is considering the possibility of hosting a Pro Debate Round Robin (no eligibility required - open to current/former/never was debaters) to benefit the UDL during the CEDA/NDT week in Berkeley.

I am writing here to gather feedback on this issue. If you would be interested in participating in such a competition, please backchannel me. While this is an idea that excites me personally, our decision to move forward with it will be dependent on the amount of enthusiasm that is expressed.

Here's the idea:

We'll accept ten teams who make a minimum donation to the BAUDL (probably somewhere in the range of $200) to participate in a round robin which will take place on the off day between NDT and CEDA. Each team will also be required to bring one judge. Teams will be divided into two wheels of five. Each team will debate each of the others in its wheel and each team will receive one bye. The two teams who win their wheels will debate in a final round which will take place during an awards ceremony and banquet, to which we will invite all comers and at which we will host a cash bar.

I cannot emphasize this enough: if you think you might be interested in participating in the open-eligibility tournament, please backchannel me expressing such. We will be making a decision in the next month or so to move forward with or abandon this idea. The enthusiasm that is expressed by this community will be the most influential factor in making this decision.

Thanks for your attention. Please forward this email to anyone who it might interest.

Blake Johnson
Executive Director
Bay Area Urban Debate League
2 Embarcadero Center, 28th Floor
San Francisco, California
blakejohnson@baudl.org
www.baudl.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: