College Policy Debate Forums
June 20, 2018, 05:06:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iowa Thanks!  (Read 3626 times)
klavelle

« on: December 06, 2010, 08:21:02 AM »

On behalf of the University of Northern Iowa Debate Panthers, I would like to thank the Iowa squad for their wonderful hospitality this past weekend. We really appreciate Iowa giving up a weekend so close to finals to run a competitive and well run tournament. Everything was centrally located and efficiently run (but left plenty of time for coaching and prepping).

As the Chief has been documenting on Facebook, they had a great variety of local foods, including some great vegetarian options.

Dr. Dave, Bellus, Sarah, Josh, and the entire A. Craig Baird Debate Forum, ran a great tournament. Thank you so much! Smiley
BrianDeLong

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:53:39 PM »

The Indiana Hoosier's would like to add to the applause of the Hawkeye's hospitality and tournament excellence. My young debaters walked away from their first policy debate experience enthusiastic about future tournament prospects. Iowa set the standard high for quality of food, timeliness, and tournament hotel accommodations.

We specifically would like to thank the Iowa undergrads and graduate students, specifically Sarah and Josh, for spending valuable time before their finals week to facilitate a wonderful tournament.

The quality of judging, especially in the sense of helpful comments and enthusiasm for using post-round time for education, has left a lasting impression on my team.

Finally, my dean and IU faculty cohorts were highly impressed by the beauty of the trophies that Iowa provided its competitors. These trinkets, while they often accumulate dust and are mistreated by some, will be displayed for some time in our soon to be built trophy case.

Thanks again and we hope to see everyone in Iowa city again next year!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: