College Policy Debate Forums
September 25, 2018, 04:38:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads Up: Sketchy RLOAD Card in Cyber-Land  (Read 2839 times)
Ryan Galloway

« on: November 10, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »

Just doing some R-Load NEG and came across the following card...

http://www.armscontrolwonk.com/2510/sufficient-deterrence

"First, I would like to preface this with the information that I am a college debater, writing this to prove a point that people should not use blog comments as evidence. If anyone uses this, they should know I have no expertise whatsoever. 

If the United States declares a policy of retaliatory launch only after detonation toward any country, it seems likely to me that deterrence will collapse. Countries could attack us with nuclear weapons in hopes of wiping us off the planet. It will also inevitably collapse U.S. hegemony. And it will cause rampant proliferation as countries under the nuclear umbrella build nuclear weapons." 
— Bobby McGee · Oct 28, 12:35 PM ·

Obviously, the person self-identifies as a debater, so people should get not to read this card upon reading the article.  I think most people would get that this card is uber-sketch upon reading it, but I wanted to let people know of the existence of this out there and to not accidentally read it.

Thanks for reading.

RG

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: