College Policy Debate Forums
January 24, 2018, 01:18:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USC Final Pre-Tournament Update  (Read 1378 times)
stables
Administrator

« on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »

Several important announcements as we get ready for the 2011 Alan Nichols tournament. It is hard to believe that we will all escape travel delays, so please work with our planning.

1) Judge preferences - We are extending the deadline for submitting preferences until 1/1/11 at 10 am est (7 am pst).  If you already started your preferences, please check to make sure that new judges are included. Nader Haddad and Ben Durham were the two most recently added judges.

2) Check-in/ Registration on the 2nd - We will all work to make the best of travel and weather delays. To help us all, please follow this easy process. You can reach me directly at stables@usc.edu or text me at 213 915 8201.

a) Check in on the morning of the 2nd - When you depart from home please email or text me telling me that you have everyone (or you have some drops). This is important to make sure we know who is actually traveling.

b) Registration - Registration will begin at 5 pm in the lobby of the Radisson. We will be open until 9 pm.
We intend to release pairings early in the registration.

Come by to register and stop by at McKay's Restaurant at the Radisson. It is staying open just for the tournament. We will have free appetizers from 5 pm on and their bar will be open.

c) Travel Delays - If you have some delays after you depart, just keep me current. We would like to release pairings for round 1 and 2 early at registration and the only way that works is if we have some reasonable idea of how everyone's travel is proceeding.

3) Tournament Logistics - We will distribute maps at registration. For those inviting guests, the tournament hub on Monday is the traditional VKC plaza. On Tuesday we are hosting the debates out of Taper Hall (THH) - not VKC. On Wednesday all debates are back at the Radisson.

Have a great New Year's and we look forward to seeing everyone in LA. Please don't hesitate to let me know if we can help in anyway.

Gordon

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: