College Policy Debate Forums
September 18, 2018, 03:22:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Edebate Archives  (Read 8858 times)
ceda
Administrator

« on: January 02, 2011, 06:54:22 AM »

Phil Kerpen provided a great service to the debate community by hosting the eDebate listserv.  The archives of those discussions are now available on this site.  There is a link at the top of the page.  The address to the archives is http://cedadebate.org/pipermail/mailman

The archive includes more than 80,000 emails spanning more than a decade.  A few emails appear to be incorrectly dated (Jan 2011).  I hope to have that fixed in the near future.
ceda
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 06:04:58 AM »

If there is a post in the eDebate archive that you would like to have removed, please let me know.  Send me the link to the message and I will take it down.  I'd like to scrub all of the posts at once (since it involves rebuilding the entire archive).  Please send the requests by next Tuesday.

Jeff

jeffrey dot jarman at wichita dot edu

ceda
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:05:50 AM »

The first round of edits to the eDebate archive are complete.

In most cases, the original subject remains and the body of the message has been replaced with "message removed."

I'm happy to continue making edits, so if you find other messages that you'd like redacted, just let me know.

Some copies of the messages remain, especially those held on the mail-archive.com server.  I am working to get those taken down, but that has not yet happened.

jenkintown97

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:16:35 PM »

http://cedadebate.org/pipermail/mailman

Is this archive dead?

ndtceda.com appears to have been given up as well.

thanks
john
ceda
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:32 PM »

It's not dead. You just need the login credentials to access them. Bots were hitting them constantly. Email me if you need access.
Jeff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: