College Policy Debate Forums
April 23, 2018, 08:58:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks to Georgia  (Read 2479 times)
Samuel Maurer

« on: January 19, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »

It's first year back the Georgia tournament was great.  Everything ran smoothly and efficiently, the buildings all had great debating rooms (tables, etc.), although we flew, it was still a very affordable tournament for us.  Meals/snacks/breakfasts were FANTASTIC.  I've never thought about a donut that has icing AND cinnamon toast crunch on it but they had them.  Also, they have a lounge with comfortable chairs and a large projector with play-off football.  Overall, we had a great time and would encourage folks to go next year.

Thanks to Casey, Will, Mike and all the bulldogs!

Hornets
brubaie

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:24:37 PM »

Just want to echo this -- great hospitality, competition and people on a very difficult weekend to host. Thanks to everyone who made it happen!
neil berch

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »

One more:  we also flew, and it was well worth it.  The competition was great, the amenities were plentiful, and Casey and his squad made our out-of-region group feel truly welcome.  If at all possible, we'll be back whenever they host in the future.
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
Sarahjane

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »

The hospitality was excellent, who brings in a barista in the mornings? That was a nice touch. The tournament ran on time and the facilities were excellent.

I'd also like to add that prelim rounds 1&2 as well as 5&6 were not released the evening before and this throwback to how tournaments used to be was appreciated- as well as the sleep associated with releasing these rounds in the morning.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: