College Policy Debate Forums
January 16, 2018, 03:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: District 7 Schedule and Important Info  (Read 1547 times)
Adri

« on: February 17, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »

Hi folks -

Hoping everyone's preparations are going well.

A few things:

1) Schedule attached.

2) Directions - for mapping purposes, the campus address is 1301 College Ave., 22401

A campus map can be found here: http://www.umw.edu/visitors/directions/.

We are using 1201 William for the District meeting (#49 on map). District debates will be in Combs Hall (#10), and JV/Novice will be in Chandler (#26)

Regarding 1201 William: The building is at the corner of William and College Ave, but the entrance is on College - use the door to the left of the building's driveway. You should be able to park on Buckner, which is a side street off College Ave.

3) Guest Internet instructions are attached. Please make sure to distribute them to your contingent PRIOR to your arrival on campus - you need to have downloaded them in advance in order to be able to follow the directions for logging in. If you have been here before (even this January), they have changed a little, but you should be able to stay logged in longer (perhaps the whole tournament).

4) We will have light snacks, coffee, and water throughout the day. Lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and reception with appetizers Sunday night. Most of the hotels that folks are staying in also provide breakfast. If you need help finding a place to feed your squad, please don't hesitate to ask our staff.

5) Prefs are due by 8 pm tonight. There are no preferences for the JV/Novice tournament.

6) Point scale - The NDT will be using the 30 point scale with halves. Ties are allowed. We will use the same scale. Please inform your judges of the scale.

7) At the conclusion of the tournament, those wishing to apply for a 2nd Round At-Large Bid can pay the $50 fee to Michael Hall.

8.) Registration is at 1201 William, between 2 and 4 on Friday.

The District 7 Meeting begins at 2:30. [Agenda sent in separate email and posted on D7 Coaches Group].

If you don't think you will make it to registration, please call or text me at 540-760-4542 to let me know your status. We need all entries confirmed (and ideally in Fredericksburg) in order to produce the pairings.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend!

-Adrienne

Adrienne F. Brovero
Debate Coach
UMW Debate
540-654-2128 (office - if you know my cell, use that)

* District 7 Tournament Schedule-2-17-11.doc (36.5 KB - downloaded 298 times.)
* Guest Internet Instructions-UMW Tournament-2-18-11.doc (43 KB - downloaded 284 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: