College Policy Debate Forums
December 16, 2018, 08:20:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Heart of Texas Invitational Illness Guidelines  (Read 2715 times)
pdebate

« on: October 17, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »

In response to recent threads regarding illness at tournaments and other concerns related to the spread of illness at school and various campus events I thought it would be a good idea to have guidelines and procedures. If you have any comments or suggestions for improvement please email me at pacedebate@aol.com

Illness Guidelines for 2009 Heart of Texas Invitational

These guidelines recognize the need to balance the risk of illness among students and staff with the benefit of having the tournament.
•   Please do not bring students or faculty that are ill to the tournament. The procedure this year will be that if students are ill with fever and flu like symptoms they will be brought to the Clinic. Their school and parents will be notified that they will be taken to the hotel and then their parents will need to provide transportation for the student home. Most airlines will not allow people to fly if they have a fever or contagious disease.
•   There will be an isolation room at St. Mark’s if the students become ill during the tournament. They will remain there until their coach can take them back to the hotel.
•   We would encourage all schools to take sick students to an urgent care facility and be tested for the flu and then follow their recommendations.
•   We encourage good hand hygiene and will have hand sanitizers in every room for the students use.
•   If students need to cough we ask that they cough or sneeze in their elbow.
•   Please be sure your students have a phone number where their parents can be reached in case of an emergency.
•   Fever is considered to be 100 or greater.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: