College Policy Debate Forums
December 12, 2018, 11:57:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona Debate Institute seeks Fellows for 2011  (Read 1575 times)
Adam Symonds

« on: April 13, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »

Greetings,

The ADI is seeking fellows for the 2011 institute. The position is open to students currently in their second or third year of college debate who will be competing next year and who have a track record of success on the national level. The ADI Fellows serve in a number of capacities at the institute, but essentially are assistants to the lab instructors, though the fellows are also given time for individual research and practice debates with other fellows judged by the faculty.   

All fellows receive a tuition remission for the institute, free housing at the Twin Palms Hotel as well as a stipend of $200. Fellows in previous years have included participants in elimination rounds of CEDA Nationals and the NDT, 1st round recipients, and CEDA and NDT National Champions. Fellows from the 2010 ADI won the 2011 CEDA Nationals and advanced as far as the semi-finals at the 2011 NDT. ADI fellowships are an excellent way to get a great jump on the topic by working with some of the top debaters and coaches in the country while using the outstanding library facilities at Arizona State University. 

Students may apply for one of two types of Fellowships at the ADI: Research Fellowships or Skills Fellowships. Research Fellows will work with one of the research labs (policy or critical) and will be required to produce 2 more files for the ADI before the institute. Research fellows will receive extra compensation for the added pre-institute assignments. Skills Fellows will work with Transition or Skills labs. Both

The dates for the ADI will be July 25-August 7. Interested students should email me with their contact information, debate background, choice of Research or Skills Fellowship, an attached letter of recommendation from a coach addressing their work ethic and teaching ability, and a brief statement explaining why you'd like to be a fellow at the ADI. 

The deadline for Fellows Applications is Friday April 29th. I will announce fellows selections as soon as possible after all applications have been received and reviewed by faculty. If you have any questions about the ADI or the fellows program, email me at asymonds at asu dot edu or call me at 480-338-5624. 

Adam Symonds
Director of Forensics & ADI
Arizona State University
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: