College Policy Debate Forums
September 26, 2018, 01:23:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Features and requests  (Read 3845 times)
ceda
Administrator

« on: December 13, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »

I have a growing understanding of the basics of the site (php, mysql, css) and am happy to attempt modifications to help people use the site.  For instance, I added a new link at the top of the page to easily access all of the recent posts.  Within a day or two I should have the email notifications upgraded.  Feel free to list suggestions and other ideas.  I'll do my best to improve the site so that it has the functionality everyone is looking for.

hansonjb

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »

hey jeff

it would be nice if there could be a forum that showed all posts. i really don't want to wade through all the forums and the "show unread posts since last visit" doesn't seem to be fully working for me (for example, i missed the texas tournament announcement).

jim hanson Smiley
seattle u debate forensics speech rhetoric
ceda
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 06:21:24 AM »

Hi Jim:  Have you clicked the the "View the most recent posts on the forum" link -- centered in the box at the top?  It lists all recent posts.  I added that box a while back to make scanning posts easier.  And, you don't have to be logged in.  It just lists all recent posts.

Let me know if that doesn't work well -- I can move the link, put it somewhere else, or look into making it a forum.

Jeff
hansonjb

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »

is that a new link? wow, do i miss stuff.

suggestion: bold it, make the font slightly bigger; maybe a more distinct color.

and that link is exactly what i want. i just saw the ceda election ballot on it--didn't know that was happening. Smiley

jim hanson Smiley
seattle u debate forensics speech rhetoric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: