College Policy Debate Forums
December 15, 2018, 12:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Caselist Disclosure  (Read 5586 times)
rtews

« on: September 09, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »

We are going to post all of the pre-tournament disclosures up on the new wiki shortly after round 2 is over.

PLEASE post your own scouting reports with cites and outlines after each debate.  We do not have enough personnel to scout every debate.  It benefits everyone to have as complete a record as possible esp. at this point in the season. 

Remember that the wiki is now at opencaselist.paperlessdebate.com. 

Thanks
Sarahjane

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »

Is anyone else having a hard time getting this site to load?

hardyat

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »

Sorry for the delay, I literally just got to the hotel at Gonzaga. Several people are having a similar issue.

I can verify that the problem is not on my end - the server is up and running just fine, and the site is accessible via both my MiFi card at the hotel and my cell phone.

The problem appears to be localized to accessing the site via the hotel network.

When I log on to the hotel wireless network, I get the same "link is broken" error that everyone else is seeing. Not sure why it's only cutting off access to the caselist, but I suspect there's either some security restrictions on their network that are getting in the way, or that there's a problem on an intermediary DNS server somewhere - my initial look is reporting some problems on a server in Washington DC...

I will continue trying to diagnose the problem, but there may be little I can do - at the moment, it just appears to be bad luck w/ the Red Lion.

If any Gonzaga folk out there in Spokane could check to see if they have access from home and drop me an email, that would be great. Would like to know if the problem is indeed limited...

hardy
hardyat

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »

Also --

If the site stays down from the hotel tonight or tomorrow, I am happy to do the intel posting via my MiFi or let people come by my room to log-on (I can share the MiFi connection w/ up to 5 people, and Whitman has 3 of them...).

If anybody sends me an email specifying the team name, with the intel either attached or in the email, I will post it immediately.

Same goes for any changes people need made to their school page - if you're looking to add teams, etc...just email me with a list of changes.

It should also be possible for me to export the whole wiki and host a mirror on a different server - it wouldn't be real time, but I can try and provide periodic snapshots for the purposes of seeing what's up.  I will look into it tonight and see what I can do.

An admittedly imperfect solution, but I'll do my best...

hardy
BlackEaglejs

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »

I'm not sure if you're still experience the problem, but I haven't had any problems accessing the site either yesterday night or this morning. For the record, I'm in Tallahassee, FL. When I did a traceroute, it went Tallahassee --> Tampa --> Dallahs --> Houston --> San Antonio --> Phoenix --> ******. I don't know what the stars mean.
DarrenElliott

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:25:18 AM »

For some reason if you type in the link in the URL, a broken link message comes up.  I've witnessed this on about 12 different people's computers here at UNI.

HOWEVER
if you go to the old wiki (opencaselist.wikispaces.com) and then click on the link for the new one (at the top of the home page) it will take you to the site and it works just fine.  Not sure why, but that will at least get you there.

chief
Jason Wright

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »

It looks like there is some sort of problem with redirecting the paperlessdebate.com URL to the actual location of the wiki...perhaps a DNS issue. I've been able to get around by just using the link that it redirects to -- http://68.233.253.123:8080/xwiki/wiki/opencaselist/

Also, while making it accessible is obviously a higher priority... it looks to me like the search function is also not working (getting "Failed to execute the [include] macro"). Any ideas?
hardyat

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »

DNS - My tracert from the Gonzaga hotel shows it getting hung up somewhere in Washington DC...via my MiFi, it works fine and doesn't use the same servers. Again - the server the caselist is running on is not having any problems, so I'm not sure that the various DNS issues are in my control. I am still troubleshooting, though access appears possible for most people at the moment. Offer still stands for assistance with either posting or getting information.  I will likely not bother mirroring the entire site unless someone emails me telling me they would like me too...

Search - this currently only works when logged in. That should fix your "include macro" problem. If not, please drop me an email. I am working on getting the search available for anonymous users as well, but haven't had time amidst Gonzaga...

hardy
hardyat

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »

A few of you have noticed some random cites appearing on your team page that you didn't enter...feel free to delete those entries...

A debater who shall remain nameless (Andres) managed to somehow edit the master Team Template - the problem has now been fixed.

Please create a new page for putting in your cites and don't link directly to the Template page.

hardy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: