College Policy Debate Forums
January 22, 2018, 04:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binghamton Update, Wave the First  (Read 1310 times)
joe leeson-schatz

« on: September 13, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »

Entries close tomorrow night, please finalize your entries before then. After tomorrow (9/14) any changes should be e-mailed to me at debate@binghamton.edu. In policy we will be using a 6 category preference system with 20% in categories 1-3 and 15% in 4-6 with 6 being strikes. Unless people volunteer more rounds it will be likely that you can end up with a mutual 4 and potentially a mutual 5 after being eliminated from the tournament. You'll have until Friday at noon to enter your prefs into debateresults to go into effect for round 1. I will be activating prefs Thursday morning (9/15).

Registration at hospitality will be in Fine Arts 212, which will also serve as the tab room for policy. Worlds will be taking place in Science 1 and Science 2. For Friday and Saturday the main Worlds meeting room will be Science 1, Room 149 (S1 149). On Sunday room is still tba but we don't have that room on Sunday unfortunately.

***PLEASE NOTE: CLASSES ARE GOING ON FRIDAY. WE TECHNICALLY DON'T HAVE ROOMS RESERVED UNTIL 5PM THOUGH MOST WILL BE EMPTY. BE NICE. BE QUIET. LET THE CLASSES FINISH BEFORE RUSHING INTO YOUR ROOMS.***

***PLEASE ALSO NOTE: THE GRAND HALL OF FINE ARTS HAS A 9/11 MEMORIAL IN IT WITH PIECES OF THE BUILDING. DO NOT MAKE THE AREA LOOK LIKE A MESS IN PAST YEARS. KEEP IT AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE.***

***PLEASE ADDITIONALLY NOTE: WE WILL BE DOING PENNY WARS AGAIN TO RAISE MONEY TO GIVE TO THE UNITED WAY OF BROOME COUNTY THAT WILL USE THE MONEY AS A FUND TO GIVE RELIEF TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE FLOOD INSURANCE OR ELIGIBLE FOR FEMA BUT WHO HAVE BEEN LEFT HOMELESS JUST THE SAME. PLEASE BRING EXTRA CHANGE, DOLLARS, ETC SO WE CAN MAKE THIS A SUCCESS. WE RAISED JUST SHORT OF 1K FOR CEDA AND WE HAVE ALMOST THE SAME NUMBER IN ATTENDANCE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT.***

(and a ps, not in caps- we are again running our tournament waste-free. Try to encourage your debaters to put things in the right trash cans as they're labelled instead of throwing everything into the first trash can they encounter. It's much easier for us if people put compostables in the compost and recyclables in the recycling bin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: