College Policy Debate Forums
January 24, 2018, 01:25:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A. Craig Baird Invitational Returns for 2011!!!  (Read 1670 times)
jgonzo

« on: September 14, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »

I've had a few people ask, so I thought I'd make it official - the Iowa Hawkeyes will be hosting the A. Craig Baird Invitational once again, on the first weekend of December (2-4). Highlights:

1. We are committed to setting the bar high for at-tournament hospitality. More on that below.

2. Massive hawk trophies. We are looking for something really immense, bronze, and hawk-like for this year. The heavier the better. If you win the tournament and don't incur excess baggage fees, we will feel like failures.

3. Friday Night Cupcake Social. How can we improve on this, you ask? Three words: hawk-shaped-cupcakes. Actually, I'm lying, but we'll still have a Cupcake Social between rounds one and two. Because everybody loves cupcakes.

4. It's really, really cheap. We're still finalizing our hotel contract, but last year, we had double bed rooms for 80 a night, one block from the tournament site, and within a three block radius of more than 100 restaurants, bars, and coffee shops in downtown Iowa City. Free internet, too. I have probably put a curse on current hotel negotiations, but yeah, we got it 4 cheap.

5. We'll pick you up. Since everything in IC is within walking distance, we'll pick you up at the airport if you need a ride. You don't need a car here. If something comes up and you need a car, but don't have one, we'll just drive you there.

6. Food. Last year, we did the aforementioned cupcake social, hot breakfast on saturday (eggs, pancakes, french toast, everything), lunch saturday, breakfast sunday, and lunch sunday. You'll need to find dinner on your own Friday and Saturday nights, but like I said above, there are more than 100 places to eat within about three blocks of the hotel. Not the campus. The hotel. We also keep unlimited chilled water and soft drinks around for everyone at the tournament.

7. Great competition and a humane schedule - we will do everything in our power to make sure that you leave Iowa City talking about how glad you were you came and how much you look forward to coming back next year.

If you have any suggestions, let us know. We'll do our best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: