College Policy Debate Forums
July 23, 2018, 01:53:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Paying cash" and "under the table" judge arrangements  (Read 1336 times)
asnider

« on: October 11, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »

I have now been informed that on two listservs that I supervise that are provided by my university that people offering and hiring judge services for "cash" and "under the table" and "no questions asked" are in violation of the terms of service for the listservs. I know that I am always careful to pay judges according to normal university procedures.

I am not trying to tell you how to run your business, but I just wanted to share the statement I was asked to put on both of those lists. I heard of one school that had an institution-wide audit based on this issue, and the admin was not pleased. Be careful.

"I have been informed that using these lists, supplied to us by the University of Vermont, to solicit and hire judges in ways that are not in accordance with existing laws would be a violation of the terms of service. I do not wish to lose these lists.
I would warn all debate professionals that hiring people "cash only" and "under the table" is often a violation of law. If you ask your university, I am sure they would tell you not to do it, but to go through normal channels. If you want to, I guess that is your choice, but please do not use this list in ways that obviously promote violation of existing law.
Thanks for understanding,
Alfred Snider "

Best wishes,

Tuna
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: