College Policy Debate Forums
January 24, 2018, 01:39:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Menu  (Read 2734 times)
SherryHall

« on: October 19, 2009, 01:00:30 PM »

Greetings All:

Several people have inquired if we will be doing anything to make the menu "topical" this year.  I can proudly say, "No!"  We will not be microwaving the food, or blasting it with radiation.  We will continue to strive to bring you the freshest, healthiest and tastiest food we can.  Aunt Vickie is once again coming from Texas to ensure that we provide sufficiently delicious desserts.  We will also continue with the pledge we made last year to ensure that none of your tournament fees will be used to subsidize CAFOs -- all of our meats, eggs, and dairy products will be purchased either from local farmers, or vendors who guarantee that their products come from farmers committed to humane farming practices without the use of antibiotics and/or hormones.  We also plan to emphasize more healthy mid-day snacking options than the pounds and pounds of candy we have given away in the past.

We look forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks, and hope that we have nice weather for your visit.

The Harvard tournament is the last opportunity you will have to pay me your NDT dues before they double.  I will post an updated list of subscribers as soon as I receive it from Jim Pratt at the AFA.

Thanks,

Sherry

Harvard College Debate Tournament Menu

October 31-November 2, 2009

Saturday, October 31

Breakfast—

Mini Breakfast Quiches, Cranberry Walnut Tart, Assorted Muffins, Lox and Bagels with Cream Cheese, Fresh Fruit, Coffee and Juice

Lunch – “A Tribute to New Orleans”

Appetizers:

Oyster & Artichoke Soup, Pumpkin Soup, Pickled Sweet Pepper & Okra Relish, Pickled Shrimp, Green Olive Tapenade, Jalapeno Roast Pork Sandwiches, Boiled Crawfish with Remoulade Sauce

Main Course:

Vegetarian Gumbo with Rice (Vegan friendly), Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice (Vegan friendly), Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage, Crawfish Etouffee, Chicken Sauce Piquant, Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya, Jalapeno Corn Bread

Dessert:

Chocolate Yummy, Chocolate Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce, Pecan Lace Cookies.

Late Afternoon Snack

Chocolate-Orange Biscotti, Pumpkin Bread, Dried Fruit & Roasted Nuts Mix, New England Apples

Sunday, November 1

Breakfast—

Breakfast Tacos – egg & potato or egg & chorizo, Assorted Muffins, Bagels with Cream Cheese, Fresh Fruit, Coffee and Juice

Lunch –

Sandwiches

Hummos Roll-ups with or without Roasted Atlantic Swordfish, Sessa’s Italian Sandwiches, Jalapeno Roast Pork Sandwiches

Salads

Potato Salad, Toasted Corn Salad with Jalapeno Vinaigrette (vegan), Orzo and Feta Cheese Salad, Cracked Wheat Salad with Green Olives & Golden Raisins (vegan), Black-Eyed Pea Salad (vegan).

Dessert:

Aunt Vickie’s Oatmeal Cookies, Fudge, Apple Spice Cake

Late Afternoon Snack

Pumpkin Bread, Orange Cranberry Bread, Chex “Trash” Mix, New England Apples

Dinner and Awards Party – at the Somerville Holiday Inn

Appetizers:

Hummos, Taramasalata, Muhammara, Roasted Red Pepper & Eggplant Dip, Spicy Feta Cheese Dip with Homemade Pita Chips; Artichoke and Rice Stuffed Grape Leaves, International Fruit and Cheese Display, Smoked Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh Garden Crudite Basked with Onion Dip

Main Course:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon with Sour Cream Dill Sauce, Roasted Turkey and Roast Top Sirloin of Beef Carving Stations, Rotini and Penne Pasta Station with Marinara and Alfredo Sauces, Seasonal Grilled Vegetables

Dessert:

Freshly Baked Cookies and Whole Fresh Fruit.

A complementary glass of champagne will be provided for guests over 21.  You must provide identification to be served champagne or to purchase alcohol from the cash bar.  Non-alcoholic beverages are complementary.

Monday, November 2

Breakfast:  Poolside at the Somerville Holiday Inn – all tournament participants welcome

Muffins, Bagels, Coffee and Juice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: