College Policy Debate Forums
September 25, 2018, 02:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About the Memorial for Jessica at the Coast  (Read 1701 times)
repko

« on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:30 PM »

As you begin to finalize plans for your trip out West, please consider joining us for all or part of the following time block.

As stated in previous posts, a memorial for Jessica Hockensmith will take place on January 6th from 7pm-9pm (Salon A -- of the Fullerton tournament hotel). This is the travel day between the USC and Fullerton tourneys.

Since we understand that that all parties may not be able to attend for the entire time block, we will have two halves to the memorial:

a) from 7pm-8pm there will be no structured activities.

It is an opportunity for people to talk amongst each other and glance at (or sign) the photo album that the debate community helped us create. That book will eventually be sent to the Hockensmith family. I have seen a copy of it -- and it is filled with wonderful memories.

b) From 8pm-9pm we will have a few speakers.

In addition, we will open the floor for anyone that would like to share a few words.

We look forward to seeing you out West and if you have any questions about the event, feel free to drop a line.

Best,

Will
   repkowil AT MSU dot EDU

repko

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:29:32 AM »

One final reminder -- the memorial for Jessica Hockensmith is tomorrow (Jan 6th) in Salon A of the Tourney Hotel at Fullerton.

It runs from 7pm-9pm -- please consider joining us for all or part of the time block. The floor will be open to share your words during part of the the 8pm-9pm time block.

Best,

Will
repko

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »

1. If you would like to sign the book, but were not able to do so last evening, I have it with me. Drop me an email (below) or just flag me down.

2. Ditto if you would like to glance through the book -- it contains the thoughts of many folks inside and outside the debate community.

3. If you or your program would like a copy of the picture book, we can help arrange this as well.

Best,

Will
(repkowil AT msu DOT edu)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: