College Policy Debate Forums
December 11, 2018, 05:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1998-2002 CEDA nationals results  (Read 3552 times)
Donny Peters

« on: February 29, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

I am attempting to locate CEDA nationals results from 98-02.  I'd prefer the entire results packet, but if I can't get that, the elim results would be extremely helpful.  If you have access to any or all of the results for these years, would you please contact me.

thanks,

Donny Peters
djpete2@ilstu.edu
Kris Willis

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »

I concur. It would be nice to have them posted like the NDT page.
paulmabrey

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »

Attached is the packet from the 1998-1999 CEDA Nationals at SIU. I guess this is where being a nostalgic pack rat pays off. I used to love reading through this thing, my first CEDA nationals. So many great debaters and debates. I remember watching SIU SS beat KSU two elims in a row. Same 1nc, just out-debated us. Thought back to those debates watching Emory IW in the NDT elims last year. A lot of great gems in here; individual debaters, no longer participating schools and the points. Thank you for the trip down memory lane!

Apologies for quality of scan...

* 1999 CEDA Nats Packet 1.pdf (688.2 KB - downloaded 459 times.)
* 1999 CEDA Nats Packet 2.pdf (701.16 KB - downloaded 458 times.)
joe

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »

awesome packet. so much good stuff in there.

lol @ mike davis giving out a 30 and a 23 to members of the same partnership
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:50:07 PM by joe » Logged
tcram

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

No, no Joe. Crowe and Delo didn't start debating until 2002.
Hester

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »

Attached is the packet from the 1998-1999 CEDA Nationals at SIU. I guess this is where being a nostalgic pack rat pays off. I used to love reading through this thing, my first CEDA nationals. So many great debaters and debates. I remember watching SIU SS beat KSU two elims in a row. Same 1nc, just out-debated us. Thought back to those debates watching Emory IW in the NDT elims last year. A lot of great gems in here; individual debaters, no longer participating schools and the points. Thank you for the trip down memory lane!
Apologies for quality of scan...

Sarah Holbrook (now Sarah Lundeen) was 9th speaker doing both 1s on a team that had to win rd 8 to go 4-4. and i think that was her 3rd tournament of the year. not bad, lol.
Sarahjane

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »

That CEDA was bittersweet. I'll never forget the huge awards ceremony, it seemed like there were a thousand people there and as a community we said goodbye to Becky, it was so incredibly emotional as she was on the phone over the sound system sending shout outs and memories to so many people. It is a shame that in recent years we've had huge ballrooms almost empty and we don't have that huge togetherness as a community at CEDA anymore.

The final round was just as intense and even though she was not there, it was indeed an amazing tribute. When the topic meets our lived reality, is when debate is at its best. It was so so real that year.

I'll never ever forget that awards ceremony and how just one person as we have learned more and more in recent years of loss in our community can have an impact on all of us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: