College Policy Debate Forums
November 23, 2017, 07:43:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slate of Controversies for community vote  (Read 3390 times)
stables
Administrator

« on: April 29, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »

The following slate of controversies has been approved by the topic selection committee and send to the CEDA Executive Secretary, Jeff Jarman. He will send ballots to all member schools. Balloting will be open for 14 days.

Bioethics  - The USFG should increase regulations of  patents for genetic materials, reprogenetics, pharmaceuticals, genetic enhancement technologies, and stem cell research.

Cybersecurity  - The USFG should implement a national cybersecurity strategy.

Economic Inequality  - Economic inequality should be reduced in the US.

Education - The USFG should reduce support for neoliberal education programs.

Energy Policy  - The USFG should increase domestic energy production.

First Amendment - The USFG should limit freedom of speech and/or press.

Information Privacy - The USFG should increase protection of information privacy.

Latin America - The USFG should increase trade liberalization with Latin America.

Tax Code Reform  - The USFG should substantially broaden the tax base.

Targeted Tax Increases  - The USFG should enact targeted tax increases.

Women's Rights  - The USFG should increase women’s rights in the United States.

As a reminder all of the topic papers and the specific links to those threads can be found here http://www.cedadebate.org/forum/index.php?topic=3601.0

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
ceda
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »

The ballot is now open.  It can be accessed at:  http://www.cedadebate.org/may2012ballot

Ballots are due by midnight (central), Sunday, May 13.

Voting requires your account on the main CEDA site to have voting enabled (different than the forums).  Please login at the main site to confirm you can access the ballot (it is restricted to accounts eligible to vote).  It is easy to enable voting.  I can do it by checking a box.  But, if you wait until late on the 13th, I might not get your request in time.  More than one person from a school can have voting enabled.  This helps insure your school actually votes.

The ballot also includes the topic rotation amendment passed at the recent business meeting.

There are three pages to the ballot.  The full slate of controversies and the text of the amendment are posted on the pages.

If you need help accessing the ballot, please let me know.  Email me at jeffrey dot jarman at wichita dot edu.

Jeff

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: