College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 06:58:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic Meeting Video Feed  (Read 4243 times)
andreareed

« on: May 29, 2012, 07:25:41 AM »

I'm pulling this question from Nooch out from the other thread so I can post more information about the live stream over the weekend if need be.

We are still negotiating with our AV people about how to best set up the live video feed for the meeting, but yes we are going to try to do it.  Hopefully we can get multiple mics set up so the audio quality will be better than usual, but no guarantees on that.

Something I thought worked well at the Wake topic meeting was having people live blog so we have a written log in addition to the audio that no one can ever hear.  Debaters- if you are coming to the topic meeting, would you please consider volunteering to take a shift?  I think if we can get 2-4 people, it will work out well. 
andreareed

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:40 PM »

Just some advance warning, you will need a system that supports Adobe Flash Player (so no iPhones or iPads, sorry) to view and listen to the live stream of the topic committee meeting since we are using Adobe Connect.  The upside is that the sound was great during our test run... I hope this will be a noticeable improvement for those trying to follow at home. 

You do not need an Adobe Connect account to view the feed.  Once I post the URL, you have the option to log in as a guest.
Brossmann

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »

Is the link coming soon?  Meeting is in 17 hours.  Thanks.
andreareed

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »

Sure, here is the URL... there is of course nothing there yet since, you know, the meeting doesn't start until tomorrow.

https://connect.uky.edu/debate

Brossmann

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »

Much appreciated.  Thanks!
andreareed

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 06:45:47 AM »

OK, the feed is live now and should be working.  If anyone has issues, I may or may not be able to fix them, send me an email reed.andrea@uky dot edu

Also, if you are going to be physically in the meeting room and still want to have the Adobe Connect program open (there is a chat function that people may or may not use?), you MUST have your volume turned all the way to mute BEFORE you open the program or you will blast everyone listening with loud, terrible, static-y feedback.
Brossmann

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 07:43:49 AM »

It's working beautifully, and everyone is easy to hear. I don't know if you set up multiple mics or not, but the clarity is excellent. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: