College Policy Debate Forums
October 21, 2018, 02:52:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NDT Campus Logistics -- Buildings & Parking  (Read 1614 times)
vguevara

« on: August 29, 2012, 09:18:11 PM »

Campus Facilities for the NDT:  http://www.ndt2013weber.com/campusfacilities.htm

All rooms confirmed. A very special thank you to the Department of English, the Department of Foreign Languages, and the Department of Communication for graciously donating their classrooms for our use on the morning on Friday March 29 for Round the First. Because of their assistance, our guests will enjoy a the finest classrooms at Weber State (minimally capable of seating 25) with the most efficient lay out for ease of access, meals, pre-round coaching, etc.

Parking:  http://www.ndt2013weber.com/parking.htm

We have secured on campus parking.  On Friday, the first day of competition, the public pay lot next to the duck pond (PPL) will be reserved for all attendees of the 67th annual National Debate Tournament.  There are exactly 156 parking spots, which should be enough (assuming 500 attendees, that would be average occupancy rate of 3.2 people).  But when the permits are gone, they are gone. For right now I would like to limit squads to no more than two permits. I understand that some squads may need more, but I am hoping that those who need less will "give back" their second permit (one team + two, even three, judges should fit fine in a one minivan just fine).  There is no need to R.S.V.P. me for these permits, I will distribute them to you at registration.  After the second rounds are announced, I will contact the Directors of all programs that have only one team in attendance ask if they could please share their extra permit.  As for cost, it will be $5 to park in the reserved public pay lot on Friday, March 29th. 

There will be no cost for Saturday, March 30th or Sunday, March 31 - and in fact, you can park anywhere on campus (but do NOT park in specially designated parking spots with signage).  Thus, the total cost of parking on campus should be $5 per vehicle, total, for the entire weekend on campus.  And the parking is less than 100 feet away from the Student Center. So EVEN IF we have bad weather (which is unlikely), this is the closest you can be to the main event (we are in the buildings marked "SU" and "EH").

My best,

OG
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: