College Policy Debate Forums
September 23, 2018, 12:41:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NCA 2010 - Interest in debate and digital technology?  (Read 2951 times)
stables
Administrator

« on: January 19, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »

The submission deadline for NCA is coming up and  I am looking for folks interested in submitting abstracts in the near-term and then papers this summer for an NCA panel related to the future of debate and digital technology. Papers can be in either of two areas:

1) The influence of digital media on the way contest debating takes place (open source evidence, wikis and argument scouting/disclosure,  etc.). I am ok with discussions of paperless debating, but it should be how the method of paperless debate changes the nature of arguments, not just the technical aspects of the transition.

2) The way in which debating could take place digitally (i.e., Skype, second life, twitter, Facebook, etc.)

I am hoping that we can generate some high quality submissions and then work to have a journal devote a special issue to this topic. In other words, there may be real opportunities for publication in this process.

Let me know if you have any questions. Email me stables[at]usc.edu

Thanks
Gordon
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:38:49 AM by stables » Logged

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: