College Policy Debate Forums
July 20, 2018, 11:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please post judge philosophies  (Read 8088 times)
Adri

« on: September 13, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »

Hi folks -

We are a week out from doing prefs, and about 90 of the 116 judges at GSU don't have active philosophy links.

I am very sympathetic to the transition issues, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to remind folks that they needed to post them.

Thanks!

-Adri
Adri

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »

I have received a couple of requests for how to post the philosophies.

These are instructions for *posting your own*, using your individual login at tabroom.com. I do not know how to post other folks' philosophies (i.e. your assistant coaches, etc.). If someone knows how to post one that is not your own, please share.

To post yours -

Login to tabroom.com

At the very top, on the right, click on your email/username (should be to left of "Account" and "Homepage" buttons).

A box on the right should appear, "Judging"

Click on "Edit paradigm" (and travel back in time to the early 80s)

Then you should be able to paste it into the wordpress-style box. You will need to click on the bottom to save it.

tcram

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »

A problem to double-check for:

I have noticed some instances where a single person's philosophy from a school gets cloned onto every other person from that school.  I don't know the cause, but I would encourage people (especially director's who are in charge of a school account) to make sure philosophies are not getting overwritten accidentally.
kelly young

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »

We have also discovered an issue where a judge from one school who has hired out extra rounds philosophy is posted for the hiring school but not the primary school. E.g., Bruce Najor's philosophy appears for Harvard in the GSU entries, but not for his rounds for Wayne State. I suspect it's user error, but all of my guesses at the cause of the problem don't seem to correct it.

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
hardyat

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »

The "Judging" box does not appear for me after clicking on my email address. Instead, I only get a box labeled "Your Account" - none of those options include a link for judge philosophies.

Anybody else still having trouble?

hardy
nryan

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »

If you can't add your philosophy you may have to link your account to tournaments you are judging at, and then wait for the approval of the tournament before you can edit your philosophy.

I think another solution is to drop your entry and re-register for the tournament (your judge name, not full team entry), this should be done after the judge has linked their account.

That has solved the issues my judges have had so far.
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

Harvard has hired Najor for Georgia State, so that might be the cause of the problem.

Sherry
Jessica Kurr

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

Not sure if this applies to GSU, but for whatever reason, I couldn't enter my philosophy and I was only signed up for the UMKC tournament. After signing up for the Kentucky tournament, and I was able to enter my philosophy via the process Adri talked about. However, clicking on any Baylor judge with a philosophy at UMKC links to the same person. Perhaps, this might be a problem on the tournament side of things?
kelly young

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »

Harvard has hired Najor for Georgia State, so that might be the cause of the problem.

Sherry

We know that - but something is wrong because he is entered twice (because he's also our judge for 4 rds) and his philosophy only links to the Harvard Najor. There's some new tabroom.com hired judging process that this has to be done through but I can't control or fix it under this new system, so if GSU, Harvard and Najor want to fix this, please do. I just wanted to give a heads up. Najor has a philosophy posted - just under Harvard.

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
jamesherndon3

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »

Is there a way for 1 person to enter and manage philosophies for all of a school's judges?

Help? 

Or, do you have to get everyone to create an individual account and link it to the school?
nryan

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »

Is there a way for 1 person to enter and manage philosophies for all of a school's judges?

Help? 

Or, do you have to get everyone to create an individual account and link it to the school?

As far as I know each judge has to create an account and Link it up.
nryan

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

There are a lot of people still missing philosophies for GSU, if each of the coaches could check the GSU main page and get their judges to upload their philosophies ASAP it would be greatly appreciated. Especially since prefs open tomorrow.
AbeCorrigan

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »

As an aside, anyone figure out how to put in "judging conflicts" yet?
Thanks,
Abe
tcram

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »

For the Gonzaga tournament, conflicts were enterable at the same place as prefs.  You click on the 'prefs' tab, and on the right hand side of the box, you'll see buttons for managing conflicts and prefs.  Don't know if GSU is set up like that.
nryan

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »

Are the students not given access to their own pref pages? And only people with access to the tabroom.com chapter able to edit prefs?

Does that mean the best solution is to create another email address for the debaters to use that has the same admin privileges for the team? I'm just curious how people have worked through this so far, I had hoped that individual teams once they were linked to the school could do their own prefs with the team administrators being able to see all of the prefs of their teams.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: