College Policy Debate Forums
January 23, 2018, 05:42:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binghamton Updates, Wave the Second  (Read 1456 times)
joe leeson-schatz

« on: September 20, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »

Registration, Etc:
Registration will be based out of Fine Arts 212 for both Worlds and Policy from 3:30 to 4:30 tomorrow.  If your Worlds teams are coming in Saturday morning you can touch base with me in FA 212 then. Please send a Friday confirmation that your registration is accurate. Friday training for Worlds will be in Lecture Hall 8. Saturday and Sunday Worlds we be based out of Science 1 - 149 (the same room as last year). Training will teach people how to debate and judge Worlds as well as a scrimmage round.

Prefs:
Prefs for policy are open. Some people have already started this process. Remember only the administrator/s can enter prefs. Prefs will close tomorrow promptly at 12:30 so we can see if we can make it work with CAT. If you miss the deadline you have no prefs for round 1 and 2. It's an ordinal system that unfortunately can't fill gaps. Please contact me if you have any problems.

Internet:
There is a guest network (Connect to BU) that is easy to connect to. It will disconnect you every so many hours and you can reconnect. After prolonged usage it starts shutting down certain elements of the internet. This should not be a problem. However, in case it is, you can configure your computers to connect to BUSecure, which won't disconnect you and will never restrict your usage. The for ID BUSecure (that will work for everyone in attendance from Friday through Monday) is: "guestc167" , the pw is: "debate0912"

Parking:
Meters remain free after 5pm and on weekends. You can now use credit cards and dollars to pay for parking. It's only 25 cents per half hour.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Joe Leeson-Schatz
Director of Speech & Debate at Binghamton University
Professor of English & Feminist Evolutionary Theory at Binghamton University
Sales & Financial Coordinator for Panacea Herbals - All-Natural Hand-Made Bath & Skin Care
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: