College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 07:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you, UMKC.  (Read 2205 times)
Chris Crowe

« on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »

Great campus, close proximity, nice hotel, well-fed, on-time, great people and good competition.

I count the UMKC tournament as among the very best all-around hosted tournaments I've ever been to.

A big thank you from the Road Runners. We had a great time.

Chris Crowe
gabemurillo

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

I'd like to echo Chris's comments - the Baby Jo at UMKC was one of the best run, most hospitable tournaments I've been to - 3 meals a day (including delicious KC bbq, with enough that no one left a meal hungry), 8 prelims with a humane schedule, awesome hotel (connected to a mall with plenty of food options, and a convenience store) awesome campus, great competition rooms all in close proximity (most buildings were even connected), easy parking, great judging pool and an awesome tab room staff. Thanks to Vega, Malcolm and the UMKC debaters and alumni who all put on an awesome tournament. The Sooners can't wait to return next year!
Paul Elliott Johnson

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »

Yup. Thirded. It was really awesome, we were happy with our prefs, our food, our competition, our hotel. Thanks to the whole UMKC crew for running an awesome tournament. The BBQ was insane, and they had plenty of not-BBQ for the veggie/health conscious in the crowd.
Malgor

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »

Thanks to everyone who attended, and for D3 especially for supporting the tournament.  Vega and I would both like to express how proud we were to be hosting so many students and debates on our campus.  We have a deep respect for the pedagogical benefits of argumentation and love that UMKC created an environment that made it a fun and humane experience. We learned a lot of lessons and hope to make big improvements next year.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: