College Policy Debate Forums
October 17, 2018, 02:13:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kentucky Thank You  (Read 2490 times)
DarrenElliott

« on: October 09, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »

A Blue Devil salute and thank you to the Wildcats for an excellent tournament experience.  Andrea and all the UK people were very accommodating, pleasant, and great hosts.  The competition, as always, was excellent and our teams enjoyed every minute of it.  The food was outstanding and of course the hospitality throughout was fitting for a UK event.  Beautiful weather, campus, and seeing JW is always a highlight.  Nice work Cats!!

chief
KCKCC
Hester

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:18:32 AM »

Andrea, Dave, Abe, the UK debaters - thanks to yall for hosting a well-run and hospitable tournament. i saw up close the extra effort yall put forth to maximize everyone's experience.

Special thanks to Dr. JW Patterson for playing the role only he can play at the Run for the Roses. 41 years after the first RR, it is still the most unique debate experience around. Dr. Patterson's participation is the ingredient that makes it so.
Jim Schultz

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:55:58 PM »

A big THANK YOU to UK who 'hired' me to judge a few debates in exchange for a very generous donation to the Vince J. Binder NAUDL scholarship. I cannot overstate how moved I was by Andrea & the Cats contribution to something that is very close to my heart, and something I believe is one of the better ways to honor a great member of our community, and pay it forward to urban debate. Thank you so so so much. Also, thanks go out to T. Cram for making a donation for a round judged.

I also want to echo the 'thanks' to Andrea, Dave, Abe, and all the cats for doing an excellent job with an enormous tournament. The tournament food was amazing, and Andrea was taking notes from people to make it even better next year. The schedule ran on time, I heard that people actually had to slow Gary down from releasing the pairings too early. The Kentucky team was constantly going out of their way to do anything they could for competitors to make their experience better; even Dave was being helpful, it was crazy. The Bengals had a great experience.

Jim Schultz

http://www.urbandebate.org/honoringvince.shtml
Adri

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »

Way overdue - but thanks to all the UK folks for the fabulous hospitality throughout the week we spent in Lexington - personalized service, ample snacks, good meals, and *always* coffee (which is key).

Thanks for the great time!

-Adri
UMW Debate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: