College Policy Debate Forums
July 17, 2018, 01:49:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In Favor of Off-the-Book Practice Rounds with the Survivors  (Read 2111 times)
odekirkscott

« on: October 30, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »

Hey everybody,

This is Scott Odekirk. Many of us are stranded at the Harvard hotel until at least thursday, my team and others are here until at least friday. What are we going to do? Really we only do one thing. We should set up some practice debates. I want to serve many interests: in my preliminary discussions with people it is clear that some want more rounds than others, some want debates against particular teams, some want to debate with a different partner, some want a particular judge, and some coaches would like to lace it up. As far as I am concerned "anything goes" and I am willing to do the leg work. To make this happen I am going to need some things from people: some of us need to make our rooms available for debates, I need people to "enter" teams, I need people to put themselves on the judge list, and I need availability times. Email me to enter at odekirk.scott@gmail.com.  If you have certain demands for you round(s) or just have questions feel free to backchannel me. Depending on the level of interest this thing could take many forms. Lets get this done; this storm could turn out to have some educational/entertaining benefit. I am trying to get some of these debates set up by this afternoon...
ozzy

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »

... pretty awesome, imho
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: