College Policy Debate Forums
April 22, 2018, 02:40:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov 2012 Tab Email  (Read 1810 times)
V I Keenan

« on: November 14, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

This is the 2nd Email.  If your program did not receive the first email yesterday you've got something hinky in tabroom with your school account.

Tab Email the Second - Prefs are Open:

Alrighty.  You should be able to access your prefs if you have not tried.  Remember to also double check constraints.

The following judges are NOVICE ONLY:

Berch by his request (WVU)

Thunberg (WVU)

Maker (NYU)

Aziz (NYU)

Ali (NYU)

---

Hagen is Nov/JV

Gonzalez is Nov/JV

---

The following judges should be elims only as you figure out an ordinal ranking:

Hall, Michael (Liberty)

Kozak, Chris (Rutgers)

Ackerman, Cory (Rutgers)

Keenan, Vik (CUNY)

--

To preserve transparency and to make prefs least likely to fail due to human error it would be helpful if you ranked novice only judges at the BOTTOM of your ordinals in Open/JV.  As they throw off your percentiles no matter what we do, you can operate with the guideline that the bottom 3 (eligible) judges in Open are the minimum cut off for mutuality, though obviously the point is to do better than that.  As this is an ongoing community conversation I thought it would be helpful for some of you to have a number to work with that is similar to strikes, especially if you delegate prefs to your debaters.

We will strive to maximize preference for teams in break rounds as the tournament progresses, though the pool is tighter that the number of judges might lead you to believe because of round and time constraints in the pool.

Vik Keenan
CUNY Debate
w:212/998-7779 or m:347/683-6894

Prevention. Awareness. Showgirls.
http://www.pinklightburlesque.com/
V I Keenan

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 04:42:51 AM »

Ben Crossan and Max Hamoy were added to the pool for West Conn.  You should know Ben from the NYUDL, Buffalo, Bing, Towson, West GA, and national circuit late elim appearances, I just can't find his tabroom account.

Max is a West Conn alum.  You've seen him functionally running regionals for the last few years.  He is novice only.

I also forgot to note that West Point's Harrison was Novice Only.

If someone is missing a philosophy, shoot us an email, IM, or phone call and we'll get you some info.

-VIK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: