College Policy Debate Forums
January 17, 2018, 06:52:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NYC Round Robin - Update #2  (Read 2156 times)
mike.girouard

« on: January 29, 2010, 05:06:57 PM »

NYC Round Robin – The Gotham Debates
Update #2

I hope that everyone has made it into the city or is on their way safely.  There are only a few things that I need to add here that weren’t in the original email.

Prefs

Please make sure that your prefs are in the system by this evening at 10PM.  As of this afternoon, we still need prefs for Army, Columbia, Fordham, Johns Hopkins and NYU.  Please try to get these done as soon as you get a chance so I can get the pairings complete.  If you are having problems with this just let me know.

Internet Access

We will have internet access available on campus.   This information will be available at registration on Saturday morning. 

Hospitality

For those who are making it into town this evening and would like to grab a drink or two, there is going to be an informal gathering at The Stoned Crow - 85 Washington Place, New York, NY 10011 - (212) 677-4022.  If you are interested in going and need directions please feel free to call.  People should be there starting around 9:30PM.  We will try and arrange something like this on Sat night as well for those that are interested.

Start Times

Because of issues with timing of the building opening and closing we had to make changes in the schedule (sent the updated schedule in Update #1).  In order to ensure that the schedule will run smoothly, please try and be at the building as close to 8:00AM as possible.  If teams fail to show in a timely manner we will have to implement forfeits.  This is not something that I want to do, but the schedule is going to be tight and we need to ensure that we can get all the rounds in.  If everyone arrives on time this shouldn’t be an issue.

Random Issues

Because of catering issues we are not certain if we will be able to provide bottled water for all the debaters, but we will have ice water available in Wollman Hall.  If you have a water bottle you might want to bring it and just refill it.  We will do our best to try and have some bottles available for the debaters, but right now it’s a catering contract issue. 

Please remember to confirm when you arrive in town on Friday night and remember that registration will be Saturday morning in Wollman Hall.

If there are any other questions please feel free to give me a call.

Thanks,
Mike Girouard
Dir of Debate – The New School
mike.girouard@gmail.com
254-227-8518

V I Keenan

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »

DIRECTIONS TO THE STONED CROW
http://thestonedcrownyc.com/

85 Washington Place, NYC

Between 6th Avenue and Washington Square Park.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=stoned+crow+nyc&fb=1&gl=us&hq=stoned+crow&hnear=nyc&cid=0,0,9798676068374476639&ei=8GpjS7-4DcKUtgfElMSnBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQnwIwAA

A,B,C,D,E, F, V to West 4th Street Stop: If exit near 4th Street (near McDonalds) walk uptown with traffic on 6th Ave (about 2 blocks), turn right on Washington Pl, and the Crow will be on your left.  If you exit near Waverly Place, walk downtown against traffic on 6th Ave and turn left on Washington Pl, the Crow in on the left.

Or, the 1 train to Christopher Street, walk east (with traffic) on Washington Place.

You can also get there from the N,R, 6 on the east side by walking around Washington Square Park to the West Side, the bar will be on your right.

You can call/text me at 347-683-6894 if lost or have questions.  Yes, they have food.  Yes, they card.

-VIK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: