College Policy Debate Forums
June 24, 2018, 05:02:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tourney results from pre-2002?  (Read 1588 times)
andreareed

« on: January 11, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »

I'm looking for tournament results from before 2002, when the debateresults archive begins.  Anyone know if there was a centralized collection of results packets from the majors prior to 02?  

Thanks,

Andrea
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:44:02 PM by andreareed » Logged
codytx74

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »

Andrea,

The late 90's didn't really have any centralized location for results.  The norm was each squad was to get at least one Comprehensive (paper although each tourney had an electronic copy) Packet at the conclusion of each tourney and then individual squads kept up with the results packets until 1st round, District, and 2nd round app's were due.  I remember a # of times that Mark, Eli, and others were calling tournament hosts to obtain the data.  This was clearly inefficient b/c most teams have left tourney sites before the tournament concludes.  Some hosts would bring Packets to the next tourney and pass out to those who did not pick up their packets at the actual tournament.  I have NDT packets for 96-98 & 2000 as well as CEDA Nats from 97-98 & 2000 and some other random tourneys....

CODY

Sincerely,

Cody Morrow
joe

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »

You should scan those packets if you ever get the chance  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: