College Policy Debate Forums
December 18, 2018, 09:43:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confusion over the different Divisions in the tournament  (Read 2027 times)
Lwrnc

« on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »

Hello,

On the tabroom.com website for this tournament there are 3 available divisions - D3 Qualifier, MAC Novice, and MAC Open.  What is the difference between the Open and Qualifier Divisions?  Am I right to assume that for this tournament the division named open is to serve as what is usually considered the JV division?

-Washington University Debate Team
sarahtopp

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »

For the first time, the District 3 NDT qualifier will have an open tournament running concurrently. The Qualifier division is for those teams competing to qualify for the NDT and the Mid America Championship (MAC) open division are for open and JV teams that are not eligible for competing in the qualifier division. The MAC novice division are for students in their first year of debate.

For other questions about the tournament or NDT eligibility, please let me know. sarahtopp at gmail

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: