College Policy Debate Forums
October 16, 2018, 10:11:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Owen L. Coon Update #3: Judging, Catering Information, paper or paperless?  (Read 1445 times)
Tim Barouch

« on: February 01, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »

Hi all: Two updates:

1) Judging... As things stand today, the Coon appears significantly short on judging. We urge all teams to finalize their judging ASAP so that everyone can start doing prefs. As a reminder, tabroom will think that you have satisfied your judging commitment with 4 rounds per team .... but the tournament requires 5 rounds of judging for each team after the 2nd that you bring. Per the invitation:

Judging: Each school must provide 4 rounds of prelim judging for each of their first two teams and 5 rounds of judging for each additional team.

If you are hiring judging from outside of your school’s staff/alumni, and the tournament cannot place your judges into the required number of rounds, the tournament reserves the right to: 1) adjust the judging obligations of your other judges (adding rounds of commitment to those of your judges who are easier to place), and/or 2) charge your school $30.00 per round of unmet obligation.

2) Total Party information: a few folks have contacted me and told me that tabroom won't let them adjust their numbers. Please email me separately (timbarouch@gmail.com) with this information as soon as possible (total # in party, #vegetarians, # vegans). It's important for us to be able to complete catering for the weekend, and we don't want a bunch of disappointed vegetarians on our hands....

Also, please include in your information whether you are a paper team, so we can map out our evidence-moving service (which we'll continue to offer...)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

tb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: