College Policy Debate Forums
January 17, 2018, 04:05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Northwestern Thanks  (Read 2030 times)
DarrenElliott

« on: February 12, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »

This was an amazing tournament as usual.  Amazing debates, great hospitality, and the most efficient "machine" I have seen in a long time.  The shuttle service between buildings was beyond belief.  When you consider this was not just on campus between buildings, but around town between buildings given how spread out the tournament was, it was impeccable.
But a special thank you is deserved. Round 6 Ryan's laptop power cord bit the dust.  Was going to give him my computer for rds 7 and 8 but somehow the end of rd 6 my power cord stopped working too (what are the odds?).  Pairings come out and him and Kristyn are moving from Kresgee to the Hilton Garden for rd 7.  They get a shuttle with a bunch of other people.  Fitz (who was at the Omni and learned of this) arranges I get a personal shuttle to Radio Shack from campus to get a new power cord, the driver waits on me, and takes me to the Hilton so Ryan can debate rd 7 and 8 with a power cord.  Catastrophe avoided.  I should mention as the shuttle was delivering me no less than 2 other people with walkie talkies checked to make sure I had been picked up and was being taken care of.  Efficiency at its finest!

A huge Blue Devil THANKS!! Well done Northwestern.

Also, a shout out to Emporia State (one of my alma maters) on a great run! 

chief
KCKCC

BrianDeLong

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »

I'll echo Darren's praise.

Northwestern's team was courteous and fast on their feet. Hosting a tournament of this size in 9 buildings across about 11 square city blocks is a mountainous task. While problems could easily arise the Wildcats ran this tournament seamlessly.

Cheers to Fitzmier and his staff.
Adri

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »

Thanks to Northwestern - coaches, debaters, alums, and of course, Gary - for making this weekend's tournament awesome.

I know what it takes for this tournament to operate smoothly, and this year they did an outstanding job! Very much appreciated the level of service provided.

And loved listening to the walkie-talkies during my many rides around Evanston. If you walked or drove yourself, you missed out on the hilarity. Special thanks to all those debaters who shuttled us around efficiently and safely.

Thanks,
Adrienne & UMW Debate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: