College Policy Debate Forums
September 23, 2018, 11:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: al johnson dedication at npda  (Read 1044 times)
hansonjb

« on: March 20, 2013, 11:35:40 PM »

from brent northup, dof at carroll college

NPDA 2013

In memory of Al Johnson
1930-2012

Hi to all:

The 2013 NPDA national tournament is dedicated to Colorado College professor and coach Al Johnson, who contributed to college debate in so many significant ways.

Al was one of the founders of NPDA, but countless other forensics communities also owe a deep debt of thanks to Al, who gave so much time and energy to so many good causes.

Al was a fine coach, a dedicated teacher but, most of all, a caring and generous man.

We will briefly pay tribute to Al, who died in December, at the awards ceremony on Monday night, just before awarding the Al Johnson Best Speaker trophy.

In anticipation of that short tribute to Al I invite anyone who knew Al to send memories. We will incorporate a few into the remarks. Whether you work in parli, policy, LD or IEs, if you have a memory of Al, we'd love to share it next Monday.

Thank you,

Brent

bnorthup@carroll.edu
(406) 459-2371

jim hanson Smiley
seattle u debate forensics speech rhetoric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: