College Policy Debate Forums
July 20, 2018, 02:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 ADI Seeks Fellows  (Read 1817 times)
Adam Symonds

« on: April 10, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »

The ADI is seeking fellows for the 2013 institute. The position is open to students currently in their second or third year of college debate who will be competing next year and who have a track record of success on the national level. The ADI Fellows serve in a number of capacities at the institute, but essentially are assistants to the lab instructors, though the fellows are also given time for individual research and practice debates with other fellows judged by the faculty.   

Fellows receive a tuition remission for the institute, free housing at the Twin Palms Hotel as well as a stipend of $200. Fellows in previous years have included participants in elimination rounds of CEDA Nationals and the NDT, 1st round recipients, and CEDA and NDT National Champions (most recently, Deven Cooper from Towson, Eric Lanning from Michigan State). At this year's CEDA and NDT tournaments, ADI Fellows were represented across the NDT elims--including semifinalists (Michael Masterson) and double octafinalists (Landrum, Siegrist, Schauer)--as well as the CEDA elims: Semifinalists (Masterson), Octafinalists (Bugrov), Double Octafinalists (Bess, Rumbaugh, Schauer). ADI fellowships are an excellent way to get a jump on the topic by working with some of the top debaters and coaches in the country while using the outstanding library facilities at Arizona State University.

Fellows job responsibilities typically include: assisting lab practice speeches and debates during the afternoons, working on individual and joint fellows assignments in the evenings, and producing one individual neg file and one joint aff before attending the institute. Fellows may take on additional pre-institute neg assignments for increased pay.

The dates for the ADI will be July 29-August 11. Interested students should email me with their contact information, debate background, an attached letter of recommendation from a coach addressing their work ethic and teaching ability, and a brief statement explaining why you'd like to be a fellow at the ADI.

The deadline for Fellows Applications is Friday April 26th. I will announce fellows selections as soon as possible after all applications have been received and reviewed by faculty. If you have any questions about the ADI or the fellows program, email me at asymonds at asu dot edu or call me at 480-338-5624.
Adam Symonds

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:31:53 PM »

One week left for ADI Fellows Applications.

The fellows program is a great place for students to accelerate their skills and get a great advanced start on the topic. Between the research, debates, judging practices, and lectures, you'll be miles ahead of the competition at the start of the year.

Consider joining us on the Face of the Sun Smiley
Adam Symonds

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:21:52 AM »

Tomorrow is the deadline to apply to be a fellow at this year's ADI -- don't miss out on a great learning, teaching, and topic jump-start opportunity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: