College Policy Debate Forums
April 23, 2018, 11:11:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oregon GTF  (Read 2248 times)
Dodds

« on: April 25, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »

Oregon will be posting a job for a GTF to assist the forensics program. The full job posting will be posted here when it is available. Following the UO GTF job sites closely might yield a posting even faster than waiting for me to put it here.

Here is the relevant section from our GTFF agreement:
Forensic program position announcements will
also be posted with GTF Federation and the UO English, Journalism, and Political Science departments
as well as the law school Postings w ill also be placed in publications/websites where such positions are
commonly advertised, such as those maintained by CEDA, NPDA, and other debate
associations...

From my time here, I can tell you this is a great position. You get to study most anything you want, including the possibility of an individualized program across a few disciplines. This job has been held by some of the greatest minds in our activity. We expect hard-working, self-starting, motivated, students (with undergrad degrees) to apply. You need to be accepted to a grad program at the U of O to be a GTF at the U of O. These applications are distinct.

Your responsibilities would include assisting the forensics staff (me) and the DOF (TBD) with administration of the program and coaching of the students. The GTFs also teach our debate class in the fall and winter terms, and have been given additional teaching assignments in spring and summer (for additional pay) in the past.

You'll be expected to assist with all forensics activities the program participates in. This includes high school outreach and campus events. Though the team has a mass of students doing parli now, we are open to candidates with different visions on debate and the direction our future students should be focusing on. Regardless of form, research skills are considered paramount, and will be a main focus of the teaching responsibilities of the GTF.

I'd encourage anyone interested to begin to compile your application materials. This job will be live very soon after our DOF process advances.
Dodds

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »

Here: https://gradschool.uoregon.edu/node/1236
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: