College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 07:03:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic Meeting-Campus Logistics  (Read 6259 times)
Jonathan Paul

« on: May 29, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »

My recommendation is to walk from the hotel or take a cab. It's about a 15-20 minute walk or a $7-8 cab ride. These are the rooms we are using each day.

ICC 462 (Friday)
Business School 350 (Saturday)
ICC 450 (Sunday)
Business School 350 (Monday)

The entrance to campus is on the intersection of 37th and O.

On Friday and Sunday, the meetings will be held in the ICC (Intercultural Center). Enter campus at 37th and O, take a slight right after you pass the front gates and walk until you see a large red brick building.

On Saturday and Monday, the meetings will be held in the business school (Hariri Building). If you are taking a cab, tell them to take the Canal Road entrance and drop you off at the business school. They will usually know what that means, but if not instruct them to keep going through the entrance and drive past the football field. The business school is the first building behind the football field. If you are coming from 37th and O, the simplest way to the business school is to go to the ICC and walk down the steps on the outside of the building and walk straight towards the football field.  The business school is the building marked with an 80 on this map (Rafik B. Hariri Building) http://www.mobilemaplets.com/thumbnails/2484_thumbnail-1024.jpg

On Friday and Monday, Georgetown runs a free shuttle from the hotel to campus. You can find the schedule here: http://otm.georgetown.edu/guts/index.cfm?fuse=ross
It does not list the hotel as a stop on the webpage, but it is part of their route and it will usually arrive at the hotel about 5-10 minutes after it is scheduled to depart from campus.

If you wish to drive a car to campus, you will have to pay $25/day or move your car every two hours. If you are still committed to driving, here are the parking options:
Pay Parking: Leavey Center Garage: Go to the Georgetown hospital entrance on 38th and Reservoir Road and follow the street all the way to a parking garage. I believe the rate is $25/day.
Street: Free on Sunday, but usually two-hour parking M-F. I have the most luck finding spots on P St between 37th and 35th, but anywhere in that general area is fine. The other area where you can find spots is around S St which will put you out on the north end of campus.

If you are staying elsewhere in DC, there are several bus lines that will get you close to campus. Use the DC Metro Trip Planner to find the best route. http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/tripplanner/tripplanner_form_solo.cfm

Wifi: The network on campus is called Guestnet. Just connect to the network and you should be good to go.

If anyone has other questions, feel free to contact me and I should be able to help.
Ermo

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »

Ceda business meeting will start Friday at 1pm. I will copy the discussion items as soon as I have full internet, unless someone on the EC does so first.

I don't expect we will have webcasting, but we plan to set up a Google hangout. Email me if u wish to join that way.
stables
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »

Working Schedule for the Topic Meetings

Each day (Saturday through Monday) will begin the same way. We may make slight adjustments based on the amount of time needed to get everyone to and from lunch, amount needed to cover each afternoon, etc. I will post any schedule updates as soon as possible.

9:30 Meetings begin
12:00 Lunch 
1:30 Meetings resume
5:30 Conclude for the day

* On Monday we will conclude our session by noon.

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
Ermo

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »

CEDA business meetings
1pm, ICC 462

1pm Officer Reports
President
1st VP
2nd VP
Treasurer

1:15pm Committee Reports (if present or submitted prior to meeting)
CAD
Assessment
Sexual Harassment
JV/Novice
Outreach
Mini Grants

1:45pm The Program Review Process (Ermo)
2:00pm Culture of Debate
3:00pm Program Diversity - Hiring / Benchmarks / Best Practices
4:00pm Judge Placement & MPJ Questions
5 or 6pm Adjourn
Jonathan Paul

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »

Room change to ICC 102 tomorrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: