College Policy Debate Forums
November 22, 2017, 07:38:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic meeting thanks  (Read 1895 times)
kevin kuswa

« on: June 04, 2013, 12:32:32 AM »

Hi all,

I felt like there was a very strong feeling of collaboration and collegiality at the topic committee meeting this time around.  Big thanks to everyone on the committee and to all the folks who participated live and electronically, including the controversy paper authors.  Special shout out to the student rep, Richard Min, who really gave it his all and was a very solid contributor all the way through.  Also much thanks to the Hoyas for hosting.

Some of these thanks were extended at the meeting, but it's worth repeating how great a job Gordon Stables does on behalf of the community.  If you have not witnessed his leadership skills, the way he guides these difficult sessions is truly masterful.

Have a great summer and best of luck to everyone.  Kevin

johnpkoch

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »

I want to echo Kevin's thanks for the work done by the topic committee. This past weekend I was impressed to see every one on the committee working hard to ensure that the best possible wording options were included on the ballot. It is really humbling to see so many people sacrifice an entire weekend to assist the community in this way. I would also like to echo Kevin's sentiments about the outstanding leadership of Gordon Stables. He initiates and directs discussions in productive ways, which is no easy task given the personalities and differing constituencies involved in the process. They should all be proud of their efforts and I look forward to attending future topic meetings. I would encourage others in the community to become more involved in this process in the future, as non-voting members of the community can play a large role in this process, if they so choose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: