College Policy Debate Forums
July 22, 2018, 10:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graduate Student Assistant Coach positions at University of Wyoming, Fall 2014  (Read 2687 times)
tcram

« on: October 04, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »

Hello everyone,

The University of Wyoming debate team is seeking two graduate student assistant coaches beginning in Fall 2014.  The assistantship is for two years and includes:

-   A full tuition waiver for the M.A. degree in the Department of Communication and Journalism.
-   An annual stipend near the top of terminal M.A. programs around the country.

Expectations for both positions includes satisfactory progress towards degree completion and graduation from the program, working with the debate team through practices, teaching and argument research, and traveling to several intercollegiate policy tournaments per semester to help the director fulfill coaching and judging obligations.  Graduate students in the department can pursue research in a variety of areas including: rhetoric, political communication, interpersonal communication, journalism, public relations, and media studies. 

Interested applicants should send the following materials to me electronically (traviscram@gmail.com) by February 1, 2014:
-   A CV detailing relevant debating and/or coaching experience or accomplishments.
-   Copies of undergraduate GPA and GRE scores (unofficial copies are fine).
-   Two letters of recommendation speaking to your qualities as a potential debate coach and graduate student.

Qualified applicants MUST have a valid driverís license and clean driving record.

If you have any questions about the team, school, or Laramie, feel free to email me at traviscram@gmail.com

-Travis Cram
Director of Forensics
University of Wyoming Debate Union
tcram

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »

Just a reminder- we have two graduate assistant positions and are accepting applications until February 1st when review will begin. With a stipend that is above several terminal MA programs and competitive with some R1 programs, it is an excellent opportunity to work with an awesome team, get a master's degree, and accrue little to no debt.  Feel free to email me with any questions about specific details.
tcram

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:40:57 PM »

I am still looking to fill one GA slot.  For those who have woken up from their CEDA/NDT coma and realized they don't have plans for next year, or if you didn't get funding for grad school, or if you have decided you want to finally bite the bullet and get an advanced degree, please email me. The spot includes a full tuition waiver, a competitive stipend (plus the availability for additional cash), and no teaching requirements.  And it involves mountains...

Travis Cram
Director of Forensics
University of Wyoming
traviscram@gmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: