College Policy Debate Forums
January 20, 2018, 05:10:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Waugh  (Read 29433 times)
SherryHall

« on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »

The debate community mourns another senseless tragedy as Mark Waugh, who debated for four years for JMU starting as a novice in that program, was found slain in a Virginia apartment.  Mark was 23 years old.  Sending positive thoughts and love to Mike Davis, the JMU team, and Mark's family.
SherryHall

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »

The last communication I received from Mark Waughfle Waugh was a Facebook message that just said ""

It summed up my relationship with Mark really well. It was easy and fun, but infused with love and appreciation for each other.

Tell the people you care about how much they mean to you every chance you get. You never know when that might be your last chance.
SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:01:00 AM »

Today all my thoughts are with Michael Davis, Paul Mabrey, Matt Brigham, Oliver Brass, and countless others.
SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:01:20 AM »

From Kathryn Rubino:

JMU, debate, and the world has lost someone special. My thoughts and love are with Mark's family and friends-- I am sorry for your loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »

So sorry Mike. Mark was a really special kid and always a joy to interact with. Our thoughts are with you today.
SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:01:58 AM »

From Paul Johnson:

Thoughts with all of you folks, Mike. Very sad.
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 07:02:21 AM »

From Kaitlyn Haynal:

I still don't know how to put into words the impact of losing Mark. For now, to my JMU Debate family, I love you all and wish I were in Harrisonburg with you.

I don't even know what to say. You are the heart and soul of jmu debate, and such an amazing friend and person. Your big personality will never be forgotten. I miss you and love you forever mark.
SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 07:02:45 AM »

From Nick Ryan:

Very saddened by the loss of a wonderful person. The debate community has lost someone really special. My thoughts are with Mark, his family, friends and the JMU debate team. Iím very sorry for their loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:01 AM »

From Jim Schultz:

My heart is with my JMU folks. So sorry for your loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »

From Alysia Cockrell Davis:

The JMU debate family aches tonight with so much love for Mark Waughfle Waugh.
SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:39 AM »

From Shree Awsare:

Mark: When I first got to DC, I was experiencing a significant amount of depression. You were one of the first people at JMU to make me feel like I was family and it gave me a vital dose of optimism to get me over that bump. I won't forget the glee you expressed when you learned how to effectively impact turn the K, all the late night hangouts (in person with a carafe of sake, and late at night on gchat while you were in Korea), and all the jolly memories that are revisiting me as I write. I owe a majority of my current happiness to you, thanks for being one of my best friends. Miss you bud.
SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:58 AM »

Adrienne Brovero:

My heart goes out to JMU and Mark's family. We watched Mark grow up in D7, and we are deeply saddened at his loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this Mike. Our thoughts are with all of the JMU Debate Family.
SherryHall

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:40 AM »

He was a great friend. My prayers go out to the team.
SherryHall

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »

I just woke up to the news. I tried to think of something that might provide comfort, but the words just didn't come. Instead, I'll pray that as the JMU Debate family comes together to celebrate Mark's life that you'll find comfort and healing in all of the love Mark left with each of you. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending you all lots of love.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: