College Policy Debate Forums
October 23, 2018, 04:19:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Pittsbugh  (Read 1883 times)
Paul Elliott Johnson

« on: October 25, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »

Hopefully this message finds everyone in fine(r) spirits, whether you are on your way to Cambridge or gearing up for a hard weekend of work and Halloween festivities. I want to let everyone know that the University of Pittsburgh has a fine graduate program in Communication Studies, one of the best in the nation, and that if you are considering a path in the way of graduate studies you should definitely consider us. The William Pitt Debating Union is one of the nation's oldest operating debating societies, and we offer robust policy debate and opportunities for public debate as well. Additionally, Pittsburgh is consistently rated the most livable city in the United States, with a Research One campus located right in the heart of Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood.  In addition to several competitive graduate stipends (that come with a course reduction) we also have the director, Shanara Reid-Brinkley, and myself, the associate director. Our health benefits are unparalleled, our research support staunch, and its all located in a real city with a bunch of cool stuff. Our program offers four related areas: Public Address and Argument, Media and Culture, Rhetoric of Science, and History, Theory, and Criticism of rhetoric. We have associated courses and offerings in Cultural Studies, Women's Studies, English, and Film Studies, along with nationally recognized programs in Philosophy and the history/philosophy of science, both of which Comm Studies students are eligible to take coursework in. We are committed to a difference-laden home and the production of a hospitable and meaningful space for folks from many backgrounds, and we value equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me at pejohnso at pitt dot edu or Dr. Reid-Brinkley at srb at pitt dot edu. Or hit us up at the Shirley, where we'll both be in attendance.

Best,
Paul Elliott Johnson, Ph.D
Associate Director of Debate, University of Pittsburgh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: