College Policy Debate Forums
December 09, 2018, 05:33:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing... and the 45 minute rule  (Read 3209 times)
Jolie

« on: October 21, 2009, 09:31:21 AM »

It would be very nice if all of us used this for posting for D-3. 

I strongly favor the 45 minute amendment.  the current release of the presets already involves substantial disparity in time to prep. some coaches  have round 1 off and have the entire round to prep.  So problems with post round discussion are at least reasonably consistent with future rounds.  only in the preset is there such a significant disparity.  So I disagree with Vega in part. 

Joel
Ermo

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

Also testing - I wonder if having the email notification working would ease all of my concerns about this transition?
Vega

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »

Fine with most of it.  Since there is only one lag scheduled round at the tournament (round 2) then we should just release the pairings for round 2 as soon as the last set of ballots comes in for round 1.  That would solve both Joel and my concerns. 

I still think that a resolution or suggestion, not a rule, would be better.  I think that an hour for the first round in the morning is standard for a reason.  People are slower in the morning, getting breakfast/coffee, being a little late, pairings are released at the hotel, etc. etc. 

Contra Ermo, many of us really like coaching too, but there is a balance that has to be made between coaching and total time spent at tournament.  Lots of other parts of the tournament add time to the day of a normal tournament, like panels.  There has to be some way for the tournament with 3 rds/day to not take longer than many 4 round days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: