College Policy Debate Forums
July 20, 2018, 07:58:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still happening?  (Read 3722 times)
loghry

« on: November 06, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »

Just wondering if there's a possibility this tournament won't happen.
DarrenElliott

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »

We have 4 teams entered as of yesterday/today.  Could enter maybe 1 more if necessary.  Have 2 in novice and while I would prefer they not debate Open teams, if the divisions collapse we won't pull them out.  We will just promise them there will be no bloodshed! : )

PS-- #pizza
PS-- Joey B's on the Hill in St Louis has the best #pizza ever.  I got you Loghry!

chief
Lwrnc

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »

This tournament is definitely going to happen.  Our treasurer is in the process of negotiating purchases of food and awards, and I am currently training myself to tab. 
loghry

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »

as i understand it (please, ermo, correct me if i'm wrong) we need 6 schools and 6 teams more than the school with the most teams to get CEDA sanctioned. i would really like for this tournament to make, but it seems like these minimal standards will not be met. Undecided
Lwrnc

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:07:50 AM »

The Spring Constitution says only 6 teams from 3 schools are needed.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

* Untitled picture.png (142.61 KB, 1023x599 - viewed 518 times.)
Ermo

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:25:35 AM »

Lawrence is correct about 3 schools but with fewer than 6 teams in addition to the largest school attending, a 6 round prelim would require hitting the same opponent twice. With X+6, you can preset a different opponent each round for the school with the most teams, and schools with fewer teams will hit less than all the field.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: