College Policy Debate Forums
September 23, 2018, 02:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Georgia Bulldog Debates (1/31-2/2) - tournament info  (Read 3502 times)
whwatson

« on: November 19, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »

University of Georgia Bulldog Debates

Friday, Jan 31 - Sunday, Feb 2

6 prelim debates (2 Fri, 4 Sat, Elims Sun)

Novice, Junior Varsity, and Open divisions

Tournament Hotel Info:

Holiday Inn Express - Athens
513 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA 30601
Phone: (706) 546-8122

Room Block Group Code: University of Georgia

Rate is $91/night (from Thurs Jan 30 through Sat Feb 1)

Walking distance from downtown Athens and the Miller Learning Center (where debates will be taking place)

More details to come after the Thanksgiving break    

Hope to see many of you in Athens in late Jan/early Feb,

Hays Watson
Head Debate Coach
University of Georgia
whwatson@gmail.com
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:09:09 PM by whwatson » Logged
neil berch

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »

Hays:  We're giving serious consideration to flying 2-4 teams down to your tournament (it's on my spring schedule as of now), but I have a question (and I'm asking it here because it may be relevant to others; it's obviously not "wrong forum", since this is "The Forums").  Is Georgia part of the planning for a policy-only league (or something similar)?
Best,
Neil

--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
whwatson

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »

Hi Neil,

Very happy to hear that WVU is giving serious consideration to coming to the Georgia tournament. 

In terms of what I think you're asking, I'm in the process of making the Georgia tournament compliant with the rules of American Debate Association, much like it was last year (hence the disclaimer that the invite specifics would come out after Thanksgiving).  No one has approached me regarding making our tournament part of a "policy-only" league. 

Hope to see a handful of Mountaineers in Athens in Jan/Feb,

Hays
neil berch

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »

Hi, Hays!  Thank you for your prompt and informative reply (my response was delayed by the CEDA Forums technical issues).  As you may have gathered, I was NOT talking about ADA rules.  Your answer allows me to move forward with the next step:  figuring out trip logistics.
Thanks!--Neil
whwatson

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:21:22 PM »

The official invite of the University of Georgia Bulldog college debate tournament is attached.

The most important info to note - the hotel block rate expires on January 9, so if you're planning on coming to Athens for the tournament, you might want to get those rooms reserved :-).

Feel free to email me or Will Mosley-Jensen (wjensen@gmail), who will be running the tabroom, if you have any questions at all.

Hope to see many of you in a couple of months in Athens,

Hays

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:02:48 PM by whwatson » Logged
whwatson

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »

Hello folks,

I provided the wrong number for the Holiday Inn Express, the tournament hotel here in Athens.

The correct number is (706) 546-8122.  My sincerest apologies!

I will also correct on the invite(s).

Hays
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: