College Policy Debate Forums
November 18, 2017, 03:55:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fall 2013 ndt rankings--please . . .  (Read 4616 times)
hansonjb

« on: November 30, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »

please doublecheck your school's results. any tournaments missing? errors? email me asap.

tournament directors? please upload your results/send in your results to jon as soon as possible.

ndt rankings for previous years now located at: http://www.ndtrankings.org/

goal: post the draft of the ndt rankings on dec 16 with the final version shortly after that.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:20:33 PM by hansonjb » Logged

jim hanson Smiley
whitman debate forensics speech rhetoric
hansonjb

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 01:41:41 AM »

please double-check your school's results. any tournaments missing? errors? email me asap.

the first draft of the fall 2013 ndt rankings are at: http://www.ndtrankings.org/

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »

draft version 1.2 has now been posted.
the bsdt only has points for prelims as far as I can tell.

MOST IMPORTANT-for reasons I cannot explain, a number of schools' points changed from version 1.1 (both up and down); the changes are based on what tabroom.com shows. some team numbers that changed northwestern, Rutgers, Oklahoma, most teams at the bsdt, Idaho state, texas, unt, Minnesota, emory, Georgetown--there were many. please doublecheck yours.

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 12:46:42 PM »

unfortunately, there is a larger problem with the points.

help me and jon fix these issues--email me with errors in your school's points--tell me your team's records (prelim and elim including ballot counts) and what division they were in.

jim hanson Smiley
neil berch

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:01:50 PM »

Jim:  Not sure if you wanted this here, but the points for one of our teams (Flora and Pruden in Novice) are incorrect at the Huber Debates.  There were 3-2 in prelims (presumably good for 13 points).  They are correctly listed as having 9 elim points (won a 3-0 in Octas, lost a 3-0 in Quarters), but their total NDT points are listed as 9 (0 for prelims, 9 for elims).  Their CEDA points (6) are correct.  I'm wondering if the odd number of prelims has something to do with the error for prelim points (our Open team at that tournament has its points entered correctly; that division had 6 rounds).--Neil
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
hansonjb

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 02:03:52 PM »

thanks neil. really appreciated.

people should email me the errors at hansonjb@gmail.com

also, I've updated the ranking with the correct ndt subscription link and treasurer, Danielle leek.

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »

continue to send errors--except ones where elims are counted as prelim win-losses. we are aware of that error.

jon says he will be working on this issue this Saturday.

thanks for all the help especially to jon who again is doing tireless work for this community. : )

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 01:13:09 AM »

jon has one more change to make tomorrow. my hope is post version 2.0 of the ndt rankings tomorrow, sunday, dec 22, in the early evening (pacific coast time).

www.tabroom.com should be getting pretty close to being accurate at this point.

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:37:51 PM »

version 2.0 of the rankings are now up.

people should doublecheck these as they are significantly different from the previous versions.

jon fixed the problem where elims were being counted as prelim win/losses and that has made major point changes for many teams.

http://www.ndtrankings.org/

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »

version 3.0 of the rankings are now up.

jon fixed a significant problem with varsity points. hopefully, this is now accurate, but doublecheck:

ranking report is at: http://www.ndtrankings.org/

doublecheck your points at: https://www.tabroom.com/jbruschke/NDTChecker.php

notices of errors due by 9pm pacific coast time, Monday dec. 30; final report will come out shortly after that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:58:42 PM by hansonjb » Logged

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 11:37:17 PM »

version 3.2 of the fall 2013 ndt rankings now posted. again--please email me any errors by Monday dec 30, 9pm pacific coast time.

jim hanson Smiley
hansonjb

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 03:14:45 AM »

thank you for your patience. the final version of the ndt rankings are at:

ranking report is at: http://www.ndtrankings.org/

please note: tabroom.com points now include usc results and so will not match with this final report; the final report only covers tournaments through December.

jon has made many changes to ensure the accuracy of the results and for the future, the "checker" now has more information to make it easier to doublecheck your points.

happy new year to all and have some great early January swings! : )

jim hanson Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: