College Policy Debate Forums
September 25, 2018, 08:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiring Judges for the Cal Berkeley HS Invitational  (Read 2546 times)
JasonPeterson

« on: January 14, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »

We are once again hiring judges for the annual Cal Berkeley Invitational on the weekend of February 15-17.  If you are interested in judging please contact me at jasonmpe@gmail.com ASAP because our payment system this year requires us to mail each of you a check rather than paying you in cash or paypal at the conclusion of the tournament.  Failure to contact us in a timely manner will result in significantly delayed payment.

We are hiring judges for our debate events (Policy, Lincoln-Douglas and Public Forum) and IEs.  You will be compensated $20 for each round you judge.  The schedule for each of the different events / divisions can be found at http://calinvitational.com/schedule/ldpolicyie-schedule/. In a change from the past few years, all debate events will be on the Cal Berkeley campus. The first 2 days of IEs will be held at James Logan high school. Since judging in some of our events will be determined through mutual preference and we canít guarantee you will be judging every round you will only be paid for those rounds you actually judge.  You must let us know in advance of the tournament if you will be unavailable for any scheduled rounds and you will be fined $20 for any rounds that you are scheduled to judge and fail to show up for.

In order to judge in Lincoln-Douglas or Policy Debate you must submit a judge philosophy to http://judgephilosophies.wikispaces.com/.  If you have any trouble completing that task you can email me and I will have one of the Cal debaters assist you.

To be a hired judge and receive a mailed check from the school for payment please email me and I will send you a form to fill out --- either scan it and e-mail it back to me or mail it to:
Jonah Feldman
University of California, Berkeley
102 Hearst Gym MC 4500
Berkeley, CA  94720

When you are done judging you will come to the tabroom to confirm the number of rounds you judged and sign some paperwork.  You will receive a check in the mail approximately one week later.

Thanks and I hope you can join us in February!

Jason Peterson
Assistant Director of Debate at Cal Berkeley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: