College Policy Debate Forums
December 19, 2018, 03:17:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaches poll -- ballots due Monday February 3  (Read 1760 times)
Seth Gannon

« on: January 30, 2014, 02:37:20 PM »

Sorry for the relatively short notice & thanks for voting.

seth

sethegannon (at) gmail
repko

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »

I'll mention this *in advance* -- as opposed to after -- the release of this final Coaches Poll. I'll also mention this because, at least in my experience, students from many schools tend to ask a lot more questions about rankings and (understandably) tend to be a little more stressy about the bid picture as they head into NU-Texas. 

... the NDT First-Round and Second-Round processes differ from voter-to-voter -- but bid voters tend to sort through a lot, a lot more data than a typical Coaches Poll voter would have time or inclination to consider. I have even talked to First-Round voters that vote in the Coaches Poll and they are clear that they spend way more time sorting through for the FRALB process than for the poll.

Depending upon one's placement I imagine what follows will be of comfort to some and frustrating to others. I have no idea how this particular Coaches poll will shake out -- but,  it will have exactly zero impact on the way that I will approach FRALB bid voting. I get that this is a jumpy time for some, but every moment spent fretting about the Poll's results is honestly time better spent preparing for the Texas tourney (or better spent on watching the Super Bowl... or really doing... anything)... 

This should not be read to say people shouldn't vote or as a means of somehow bashing the concept of a Coaches Poll... I just think students should read results through a healthy lens.

best,

Will 
Jessica Kurr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »

If anyone has a question about the data I collected and posted on FB concerning elim avg and head to, please let me know. This can be anything from mistakes you notice (e.g. team initials, incorrect head to head, etc.) or suggestions you have (e.g. head to head at non majors?). I am still in the process of adding RR wins/losses, which will be done before Sunday. The data I collect is only intended to supplement/compliment what others have done.

Good luck to everyone at Texas.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: