College Policy Debate Forums
July 22, 2018, 10:25:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Second round submission question  (Read 4062 times)
JoeBellon

« on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

Could one of the NDT folks let me know how to formally submit second round bids and, in particular, how to pay for them? My memory's a bit rusty on both scores.

Much appreciated

Dr. Joe Bellon
Director of Debate
Georgia State University
nryan

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »

Regarding applying for a second round -

DEADLINE: Thursday, March 6, 5 pm CENTRAL time

1) Have to have paid organizational dues.

2) Have to have participated in the district process

3) Enter the NDT on tabroom

4) Pay $100 at-large bid fee at http://nationaldebatetournament.org/at-large-bids/ by hitting the pay now button

5) Meet the following criteria from NDT Standing Rules II.C.2.c:

***c. Second Round At-Large process.
(1) Any teams not selected for participation in the NDT through the First Round At-Large or district processes may apply for a Second Round At-Large bid.
(2) All teams selected through the Second Round At-Large process must have a 50% or greater preliminary round win-loss record in rounds on the fall CEDA topic or its NDT topic parallel immediately prior to the District tournament or at the time of submission for second round bids. The team's record for every tournament attended prior to submission must be reported on the application form.
(3) Teams submitting Second Round At-Large applications may include a paragraph of explanation concerning extenuating circumstances.
(4) Unless a school has received two bids in the First Round At-Large process, participation in the district process shall be a prerequisite for receipt of a Second Round At-Large selection.
(5) If a school has not qualified two teams through a First Round At-Large or district process, it shall not be eligible to qualify a third team through the Second Round At-Large process unless the team(s) that participated in the district process shall also have qualified through the Second Round At-Large process.***

PLEASE NOTE - THERE IS A 50% PRELIM WIN-LOSS RECORD REQUIREMENT.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:43:34 PM by nryan » Logged
JoeBellon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:24:55 PM »

Thanks to Nick and Adri for hooking me up.
joe

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »

I thought the fee was $50.00?  That's what we paid last year.  When was that changed?

nryan

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »

It changed to $100 for first and second rounds this year. Someone on the committee would know more as to why that change occurred.
Adri

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 05:15:39 PM »

Board of Trustees voted in November to raise the fee to $100.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: