College Policy Debate Forums
July 21, 2018, 07:16:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Judge Exchange  (Read 2116 times)
Paul Elliott Johnson

« on: March 16, 2014, 11:34:36 AM »

The NDT rules that suggest a single person cannot judge for a squad and also judge that squad (which are at odds with the norm at every other tournament all year) are creating a problem, wherein black teams that want to hire black judges find themselves in a screwed up opportunity cost situation where some of the judges that they also prefer are the ones that they want to hire. If anyone out there is already all hired up, and willing to trade hires to create a pool that has more black judges (and more rounds where those folks will fit) you should speak up. Given that we hear a lot about people wanting a more diverse judging pool, this seems like a no brainer.
Paul Elliott Johnson

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »

I did speak with Fritch and he did confirm that this is, in fact, a thing.
Jessica Kurr

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »

What's to prevent a team from simply buying 1-2 rounds from a bunch of people they would strike?
Paul Elliott Johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:50:35 PM »

Nothing. People in the past have explicitly done that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: