College Policy Debate Forums
November 19, 2017, 03:35:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Undergrad position on the TC  (Read 1516 times)
dstanfield

« on: March 26, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »

I thought I would post here about some of my views/positions when it comes to the topic creation process.

I feel as if I have a fairly unique position in that I had my formal debate training under the strict policy lens of Jared Anderson , which has afforded me (for lack of a better term) sympathy to the needs of the negative in regards to needs for a stable mechanism , in order for its ground not only to be "predictable" but also diverse i.e I think that as far as topic DA's go it would be nice to move beyond 1-2 that teams occasionally run.  Along those same lines there needs to be a way to preserve aff creativity that doesn't stick us with a year of minor repairs affs (please God, not the Energy topic again).

On the flip side I have spent the last year engaging in the full range of critical debate but primarily being an "identity debater" , this situatedness I believe allows me to bring a perspective from both sides of the ideological divide in the community and how critical debaters like myself might view the topic.

I've also participated in writing a topic paper in the past (albeit a fairly small role in that process) , and have familiarity with the amount of research it takes to engage in this process, anyone who knows me can vouch for the robust amounts of research that I can produce.

P.S. Any questions about these views and/or other questions that pertain to the topic process, feel free to ask them to me here, or backchannel me stanfield.dan@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: